FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What does my Sports Boosters membership fee pay for?
A: Your annual membership fee helps pay for items that enrich and upgrade all of the sports programs at NHS such as:
- Strength and conditioning program equipment and facility upgrades
- Main gym foyer and trophy case improvements
- Purchasing items for each coach’s wish list (such as digital recording capability)
- A new intramural program for off-season training and for all students
- Annual Scholarship Program for NHS Student-Athletes
- Low-cost physicals for all students
- Emergency funds for unforeseeable program expenses
- As a non-profit 501(c) organization, we process donations to individual sports so your contributions are tax-deductible, and we administer the accounts for each sport
Q: I understand now what Sports Boosters pays for, but what about the individual sport donation I’m also asked to make each year?
A: The cost of running the NHS athletics program is well over $400,000 a year, and the school district can only pay for basic facilities and coach salaries. So for each sport parents are asked to make a donation that covers the other bare essentials such as uniforms, equipment, first aid, and tournament fees. The best time to do that is when you register your athlete for the season on the Family ID Registration Website.
Q: Now I get it. How can I help?
A: Join NHS Sports Boosters! We are always in need of volunteers to join our board or to help with projects that come up on a regular basis. You can also attend our monthly meetings, usually the second Monday night each month at 7:00 p.m. in the library. If you have questions, please email our President, Denise McIntyre at [email protected]