Novato High School Sports Boosters Club 2016-17
Our mission is to enhance the experience of all student-athletes by promoting financial and community support for the overall sports program. We do this by raising funds and giving direction for program-wide improvements, and by serving as the administrator for tax-free contributions parents make to their kids’ sports teams to pay for essentials such as equipment and uniforms. We bring together parents, coaches, and administrators to pursue the common goal of giving our student-athletes the best opportunity to succeed on and off the field. Please join us!
Thank you for considering becoming a Sports Boosters member!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What does my Sports Boosters membership fee pay for?
A: Your annual membership fee helps pay for items that enrich and upgrade all of the sports programs at NHS such as:
- Strength and conditioning program equipment and facility upgrades
- Main gym foyer and trophy case improvements
- Purchasing items for each coach’s wish list (such as digital recording capability)
- A new intramural program for off-season training and for all students
- Annual Scholarship Program for NHS Student-Athletes
- Low-cost physicals for all students
- Emergency funds for unforeseeable program expenses
- As a non-profit 501(c) organization, we process donations to individual sports so your contributions are tax-deductible, and we administer the accounts for each sport
Q: I understand now what Sports Boosters pays for, but what about the individual sport donation I’m also asked to make each year?
A: The cost of running the NHS athletics program is well over $400,000 a year, and the school district can only pay for basic facilities and coach salaries. So for each sport parents are asked to make a donation that covers the other bare essentials such as uniforms, equipment, first aid, and tournament fees. The best time to do that is when you register your athlete for the season on the Family ID Registration Website.
Q: Now I get it. How can I help?
A: Join NHS Sports Boosters! We are always in need of volunteers to join our board or to help with projects that come up on a regular basis. You can also attend our monthly meetings, usually the second Monday night each month at 7:00 p.m. in the library. If you have questions, please email our President, Denise McIntyre at [email protected]
Sports Boosters Meeting Agendas and Minutes
NHS Sports Boosters Minutes and Agendas:
Agenda for March 13, 2017
Minutes from February 6, 2017
Agenda for February 6, 2017
Minutes from January 9, 2017
Minutes from December 12, 2016
Agenda for December 12, 2016
Minutes from November 7, 2016
Minutes from October 10, 2016
Agenda for October 10, 2016
Minutes from September 12, 2016
Agenda for September 12, 2016
Minutes from August 15, 2016
Report This Post